The website calendar has been updated. The menu at the top of each page no longer includes a link for “Calendar”, but instead includes a link for “Events”. This is the link to the new calendar.
There are a number of improvements with this new calendar:
- The event details can include more specific information, which is accessible when you click the event name.
- The event detail page automatically includes a Google map, with a link to Google maps
- You have a choice of views – month, day, or list
- There is search function at the top of the calendar page
- There is a feature at the bottom of the page to allow you to add calendar events to your iCal (or Outlook calendar)
Despite all the added features above, there are one or two peculiarities:
- The previous/next buttons are at the bottom of the page. This shouldn’t be too much of a problem since you can use the “Events in” box at the top to move to another month/year.
- The search function is only for the currently visible month displayed, it does not search all events in all months.
- The menu “name” must be set to Events. It’s an automatic type thing with this plugin. But, I think you will get used to it fairly quickly.
In that vein, the Event calendar has been updated to include Hunt Tests scheduled and posted through November 2014. Be sure to check out the new Event calendar for all events scheduled.
As always, if you have any problems or questions/comments, please forward them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.